W-E-L-C-O-M-E to my little corner of the planet. Take a seat, get comfy. You're among friends, so please feel free to comment. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy my ramblings. Be sure to scroll all the way down to get the daily puppy ~ they're so cute!



Sunday, January 27, 2013

Passion

It seems now days we hear that word used casually in reference to many things from occupations, to families, to causes close to our hearts. It’s even a fruit. Then there’s the actual definition of it.  Merriam Webster describes passion as: “an intense emotion“, simply.  I see passion as what's in our hearts, as in: what is our passion in life, what makes us most happy? For me, it changed as life evolved.  When I was younger, my children and making a safe, comfortable home for them was my passion.  My focus at that time was raising them “right”.  I’m not really sure what that phrase means, but I knew I needed to give them unconditional love, security and make sure their basic needs were taken care of.  I did that and now I have three terrific kids who grew to be well adjusted adults (pats self on back).  Then, my passion became my job. I wanted to excel in my field which would, hopefully, lead to making more money. When I was in my forties, I started writing seriously (as opposed to casually with no direction) and get the stories in my scrambled brain into print.   Now, my passion is writing along with living a simple life. As I age, I want security for myself in my later years. Remember the days when we would roll our eyes at the older folks (fuddy-duddies) and cringe when they started sentences with “I remember when…”, or one of my personal favorites “back in my day…”?  Yeah, me too.  What’s your passion now? I’d love to hear about it.  That’s one thing that is much more important to me as I age. Correspondence and keeping in touch, so gimme a shout out somewhere.  All of my links are to the right, or leave a comment here. 

Speaking of learning as we age, or learning as we go, I’m ever learning new things in the writing world.  As simple as I try to keep things, there always seems to be someone who points out that I need to be just little more detailed about things.  I’m in the process of adding some of those detailed touches to my books and they’ll all be updated on Amazon, or you can get them at my website in whichever state they happen to be in when you order, simple or revised.  Remember, when you order at my site either “Random Encounters” or “Bright Lights” (or both), you get “LifeLoveLust” thrown in for free.  Just an added little casual reading pleasure for you. I still have a few copies of “Bright Lights” with the photo on the front cover, so if you’d like one of those let me know.  As soon as “Back Track” is released in paper form, I’m retiring the photo cover of “Bright Lights”.  “Back Track” is currently only available on Kindle due to a semi-commitment from a publishing source.  I’ll keep you posted on that, as I have no way of knowing how long the decision for printing in paperback form will take.  Meantime, my Kindle version could use some “likes”  :)

It’s that gloomy time of the wintry season here in the Pacific Northwest.  The Lhasa has a permanent body imprint on his blankie at the foot of my bed.  He’s vowed not to frolic in the outdoors until there are at least two continuous days of sunshine.  I’ve affirmed to him that Spring will be here before we know it and the dark, dismal days of winter will be behind us once again.  To every season…and all that jazz.  What are you doing to perk up your winter blahs? Give me some examples, maybe I can get some ideas to bring the ol’ boy out of his gloom.

Random thought: Why can’t we buy colored t-paper anymore?

Movies I could watch over and over and over: Top Gun, The Electric Horseman, all of the Godfather movies, An Officer and a Gentleman, Casablanca, The Natural…there are many more.  What about you? I’m always on the lookout for a good flick to curl up with along with something hot from the Keurig :)

Hug everybody today! That certainly will put some brightness into any day, wintry or otherwise. 

Virtual Hugs,

~ K


No comments:

Post a Comment