W-E-L-C-O-M-E to my little corner of the planet. Take a seat, get comfy. You're among friends, so please feel free to comment. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy my ramblings. Be sure to scroll all the way down to get the daily puppy ~ they're so cute!



Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Good enough…


Do you hear that a lot? Yeah, me too.  In various situations, whatever is happening or wanted to happen whichever is the case, but do you think we stop and think what it really means? To me, the implication is  the chore, or whatever it is that’s in process, could have been done better.  But, people settle.  People get tired of working at something, tired of trying to perfect it, then mentally give up and just say, that’s good enough. Don’t you feel a little cheated by that? Feel shortchanged? Yeah, me too. 

That’s why I really took my time at getting “Back Track” ready for the masses to read.  When I got the proof copy, even after all the time I’ve taken to go over it and over it (and over it again!) I wanted to do a thorough, diligent editing to make sure it was as perfect as I could make it.  I have yet another proof copy on the way as I *think* this time, it’s ready for presentation! Yes, I’m excited! 

Although I must admit that the past year was not spent only on editing and perfecting it. Even I’m not that slow! Lupus flare ups had me many days unable to even think about working at editing, or even reading.  The extreme physical symptoms of chronic fatigue including the tell-tale lupus “brain fog” had me barely able to function on more days than not, I’m sorry to report.  I’ve made it through the busy holiday/birthday season and although I’m not 100%, I am feeling somewhat better and optimistic that 2013 is going to be a banner year for K! I hope your new year has started off with a bang!

The Lhasa made it through the holiday/birthday season without snarling.  He’s pretty cranky when other dogs come to visit his domain and his territorial nature normally gets defensive.  I’m happy to report there were no dog fights and he’s now snuggled up back on his corner of the bed with his blankie and his new toy he got for Christmas.  Looking around the wrapping paper scraps and boxes of gifts everyone else received, I got a “really?” look from him when he opened his new tug toy.  I felt inadequate for just a moment.  We both seemed to have moved past it now. 



What's new in your corner of the world? Gimme a shout, let me hear from you.  We need to catch up.

Here’s some virtual new year hugs to you all.  Share them, they’re meant for giving away :)  


*Hugs* ~ K


1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you Kathleen.
    Keep the updates coming.

    peace
    Tim S.

    ReplyDelete