W-E-L-C-O-M-E to my little corner of the planet. Take a seat, get comfy. You're among friends, so please feel free to comment. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy my ramblings. Be sure to scroll all the way down to get the daily puppy ~ they're so cute!



Sunday, November 27, 2011

Just nod if you can hear me...

Still recovering from the post turkey coma, eh?  Yeah, me too.  It's difficult to be creative when all your brain wants to do is sleep off the tryptophan overdose.  Yet...I've managed.  I've continued working on two new projects to get into print.  I'm currently designing a clever cover for "If I Weren't So...".  There have been rumors in the past that title might change, but I'm very fond of it and I think I'll keep it.  I'm also putting together a collection of my short stories, and I'm working on the cover to go with that one which will be quite clever as well.

So...how's your Thanksgiving weekend?    Have you eaten leftovers to your hearts content and shall not long for turkey and trimmings again for a while?  Yeah, me too.  Annoying relatives gone home?  It's nice when family comes, but it's even nicer when they go.  I'm a solitary kind of person and I really value my isolation.  It keeps me off the streets and out of the bars and, I'm a lot more productive here at my keyboard on my own.  It's easier to keep life simple under those terms.  Not a lot a keyboard can do to offend me, well...except batteries go dead and I gotta stop everything to replace them, but that's a pretty easy fix. 

I find it's a delicate balance with relatives.  Some I purposely stay far away in distance so I don't have to deal with so much drama, others are close by and I don't want to be any further away from them than I am.  Remember the family get togethers growing up? Yeah, me too. Both my mother and father had large extended families and we spent many holidays jockeying back and forth between hers and his.  Mostly hers, cause you know...mom always wins.  I think it's partially because women by nature tend to be more clingy with family, and partially because married men who manage to stay married know that if mom isn't happy, nobody is!  Anyway...having so many relatives was somewhat crowded for me.  Even as a small child I remember feeling like I was lost in the crowd and sometimes couldn't see my way through the crowd of wall to wall people.  Oh, there were fun times.  There was much laughter and reminiscing about when those grown ups were growing up, uncles who would sneak out behind the garage to share the flask, my grandmother didn't allow any booze in the house as she was a faithful fundamentalist Christian, which probably explains part of my adjustment issues of this day, but I digress...and there was always the fanny patting and pinching of various in-laws who thought nobody saw them flirting, but I know I'm not the only one who noticed, which I'm sure caused some violent scolding and hair pulling on the way home for some tipsy uncles.  Ah, yes...those are my childhood holiday memories.  What are yours?  Any hair raising stories of growing up that you go out of your way to avoid repeating now as an adult?  Yeah, me too.

Hey, did ya'll know you don't have to own a kindle to be able to read on a kindle?  I can hear ya'll shout in disbelief, "K, how can that be?"  I'll tell you, if you haven't already done so, just download kindle for PC.  You can read on your desktop, laptop, tablet, what have you...it's the coolest thing since organic bacon!  Shhh...I haven't announced it anywhere else yet, so ya'll are the first to know that I've finally caved and made "Bright Lights, Money & Show Biz, Honey" available on kindle for the absolutely insane, unheard of price of .99 for a very limited short time, so get there soon or you'll miss out!  Just a little thank you from me for everyone who has requested it (bugged me incessantly) and have patiently waited.  Good things do come to those who wait :-D 

As always, paperbacks of all my books are available at my my website .  I just got "Random Encounters" re-printed with the cool reviews on the back cover, so if you haven't ordered one yet, now is the time.  And don't forget, there will only be 100 of the limited edition paperback version of "Bright Lights" with the silhouette on the front, so order soon so you don't miss out on that.  Shux...I'll even autograph 'em for ya', and as always you get "LifeLoveLust" as a bonus for some extra chuckles at my ramblings. 

Have ya'll recovered from all the holiday overload of hugging and ready to start all over again? Yeah, me too.  Hug somebody today!


Solitarily yours,

~ K

No comments:

Post a Comment