W-E-L-C-O-M-E to my little corner of the planet. Take a seat, get comfy. You're among friends, so please feel free to comment. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy my ramblings. Be sure to scroll all the way down to get the daily puppy ~ they're so cute!



Sunday, May 20, 2012


Transitions

I find myself more in an observant mode these days than a participative one.  I've spent a lot of time the last few months watching, rather than doing.  I've spent the better part of my life in the middle of things, whatever those things were at the time.  I'm very social, I love to be around people, and I wanted to belong in whatever environment I've been in.  More lately, I find I don't have that need to belong anymore and I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's the aging factor, or perhaps I've evolved (as we all do) and simply no longer have the desire to be in the spotlight. 

For example, I used to compulsively make sure I logged into Facebook every day, scanned all the goings on and added my comments, yahoo's, smilies, encouragement...whatever was needed to let others know I support them in whatever their current endeavors are, up or down.  It was important to me to let friends know I'm there for them, even if only in spirit, sans physical presence.  Now days, I may get to Facebook twice a week and I'm ok with that. I don't feel the need to be present there anymore than that and it's not that I don't value all of my Facebook friends, on the contrary. I hold all of you very dear to me as there are many of you that I only keep in touch with through the social network, or wouldn't have met up with at all if not for it. So, I'm very grateful for the opportunity to know so many lovely people.  Don't we all value the "want to" relationship over the "have to" relationship? I think so.

Another...I used to feel the pressure to blog every week, as that's what all of the experts say an author needs to do in order to establish their voice and platform. At one time, that was very important to me and I followed it religiously, even blogging up to twice a week to keep in touch.  Now...I don't feel the pressure to do that and I'd rather blog when I really have something to say, not just talk to keep my name out there in the blogosphere. So, if I'm absent from here periodically it's not because I don't love you and miss you all terribly, it's that I don't have anything pertinent to say and I don't want to waste my time or yours on babbling. Don't get me wrong...I love to ramble! I'm also very good at it, but I don't want to wear out my welcome on that front.  There is rambling galore in my poetry anthology "LifeLoveLust" if you're of the persuasion to read more of that.

Happnins'...

Another thing I've previously not done, not regularly that is, which is to use slang when writing in a proper format.  I find it rather whimsical, though, and am doing it more these days.  I guess I'm more relaxed :) 

Technological happnins' - I'm sending the old HP to the graveyard later today and hookin' up my new one. The old work horse has been limping along for a while now and its time to let it go. It's a long time coming and I'm a little anxious about the transition from 2003 Word to Works.  I think it will all transfer over with my thumb drive, but I'm keeping the old one right here for a bit, just in case...newfangled stuff scares me!

Beautiful sighting happnins' - Spring is sublime in the Pacific NW! We've got beautiful clear sunny days with highs in the 60's to low 70's, which is average for us.  Soon, though, June will be here and we'll slip right into the heat of summer and I'll be turning on the a/c to get me through those short months.  Heat is one of lupus' worst enemies, so I stay inside with the a/c during the hot months. Let me know if ya'll will be traveling to my neck of the woods this summer.  The lake is beautiful!

Stalker happnins' - My favorite musical hunks will be here on Tuesday 5/22.  Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers are back at Knitting Factory Spokane with our local guys Buffalo Jones opening up for them again.  It's a great combination!  Makes the Sugar Momma proud those boys have come so far and are strongly at the helm of their own touring.  Yes, touring! They are going on a four city tour with RCPM to open up for them on this leg of their tour ending up in Ft. Collins, CO.  Rock on!

That's about all of the rambling I have for today.  Next week, I'll give a complete review of the show, of course, and any other new updates.  I've just about made the decision to sever my exclusive ties with Amazon, so I'll give more details on that.  There will definitely be abundant free days of downloads before that contract period is up, so you'll have plenty of chances to download some free reading.  I'm progressively editing "Back Track" and will have some new news on that front. 

Have a beautiful day! Hugs all around here, except for the Lhasa.  We're on the outs as he's made a habit of digging in the planter that holds my Mother's Day roses...


Grudgingly yours,

~ K

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your rose attack ... maybe he's looking for something.

    I've begun writing (finally) my first real fiction book. I'm getting good feedback from my fellow writers at FanStory.com. A prologue and three chapters written. I feel like a serial writer there... I add a chapter every few days, and read and respond to others' writing to earn points so that I can entice them to read and respond to mine. It's a win-win for all of us there. It is how I wrote my book about multiple sclerosis, with steady prompting from the readers there.

    Sounds like you're just needing some down time from all the chatter ... I guess I'm in a mood to here more than just me.

    Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear you're working on fiction, Terry! I prefer it, even though I have written some non-fiction. To me, it's so much easier to write from the top of my head than to have to do research for facts and references. I think you're right about the chatter...sometimes it's overwhelming, so taking a break is nice. It's been a rough few months for my physically, so being creative has been difficult when there's so much pain. I hope I'm on the upside if that now, and I'm going to immensely enjoy a great show from my favorite musicians. I'm hoping that will give me a BIG shot of adrenaline and kick me back into gear! Take care of you, and I can't wait to read the fiction! :)

    ReplyDelete