W-E-L-C-O-M-E to my little corner of the planet. Take a seat, get comfy. You're among friends, so please feel free to comment. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy my ramblings. Be sure to scroll all the way down to get the daily puppy ~ they're so cute!



Sunday, January 1, 2012

But it's a dry heat

I guess I should just flat out admit it. I've been trying to hide it cause, let's face it...it's not an easy thing to admit.  I've got a pretty good poker face to hide what's inside. I'm experienced at painting on a smile, everything's a-OK.  But...I've been struggling lately.  Writing isn't coming to me as easily as it did during the summer months.  I don't know if it's the change in weather, the fact that I've been so danged sick for so long, the frenzy of the holidays and all the kids birthdays, or what.  I just know I have to sit and really think (it's painful!) to even get a blog to come together.  Forget working on a manuscript.  Poetry? Short stories? Puhleeze...that desert is so dry and barren, I should change my name to Sahara.  



So...I've decided to write about something really exciting! My new Keurig! Oh my gosh! How have I lived for so long without this modern marvel?  I didn't think I would ever enjoy a coffeemaker that makes one cup at a time, but it is so awesome! I can have whatever flavor I want, and if I only want one cup of coffee, I don't have to grind beans and dirty a whole big pot.  Just pop one little pod into the magic machine, push the button and viola! Coffee, spiced chai, hot cocoa, hot cider...the possibilities are endless.  I have barely made a dent in the many flavors available.  So, in the afternoon when I'm in the mood for a hot fresh cup of spiced chai, I've got it at the touch of a button.  It's practically maintenance free, and there's no way to screw it up. It's awesome, no...it's better than awesome.  It's groovy, man! 





I know, I know...I'm really dating myself with that, but hey...no one else will date me, so I have to...buh-dddump.  Bad jokes are the only way I know how, so give me a little break, ok? I could really use one :-p

What's your favorite contraption? Newest thing that you never knew you couldn't live without?  I'm a pretty simple person, I don't need a lot of modern conveniences to get along, and I've always thought I didn't really need a lot of stuff.  But, maybe I've been doing it wrong.  Maybe I do need more stuff to be happy.  I've been looking for love in all the wrong places (among people). I need to hang out in the isles at Macy's, or Kohls, or even Target, although I'm not sure about the quality of stuff I'd find there. Caressing the smooth stainless steel finish of a new toaster oven,  fondling the grooves of a non-stick waffle maker, or cuddling up to one of those dandy three dish warmers so I could serve lots of hot food at the same time! Would come in handy for football game day.  I see a gadget shopping trip in my future. And a cold shower :-D

Oh, yeah...happy new year.  I don't put any meaning into the coming in of a new year; it's not any different in my world today than it was yesterday.  Call me anti-festive if you will, but all that happens is I put the wrong year on all my paperwork for a couple of months til I get used to the new one.  Bah-humbug.  Don't even get me started on those who feel the need to dunk their nearly naked bodies into the frigid waters of the lake as their new year's ritual...ugh...
Hug your favorite appliances today! They work hard to make you happy *heart*

Caffeinatedly yours,

~ K

2 comments:

  1. On my way to empty and clean the dregs from Mr. Coffee, swish the pot itself with hot water, and then measure and filter the water ... but I love the old man ... with a dash of cinnamon added to the store brand decaf, I will enjoy my morning cup ... oh wait, it's 2:10 pm, I slept in again. Happy New Day to you, too! :->

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a full pot of my ground coffee this morning too, it was good and went fast! Enjoy yours and happy new day to you, too, Terry. I'll power up the Keurig later for a marathon writing session when I only need a cup of something hot. Apparently, all I needed to do was acknowledge I was struggling, and now I have a burst of writing inspiration! My own therapy helped. Yay! Hope you have a great day :) *hugs* ~ K

    ReplyDelete