W-E-L-C-O-M-E to my little corner of the planet. Take a seat, get comfy. You're among friends, so please feel free to comment. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy my ramblings. Be sure to scroll all the way down to get the daily puppy ~ they're so cute!



Sunday, January 29, 2012

With a little help from our friends

It's good to have friends helping friends.  I like to support fellow artists. We're all in this together, you know.  As talked  about last week, Art Edwards is earnestly working to get his book made into film.  Call it 'fan aid' if you will as I'm offering any of my books in exchange for a contribution to Art Edwards & Nico Holthaus' movie project based on Art's novel "Stuck Outside Of Phoenix".  Just go here and make a contribution to the kickstarter campaign of $10.00 or more and I will send you one of my books.  I'll even let you choose.  I'll even throw in "LifeLoveLust" as usual. Shoot...I'm even gonna pay the postage to get it to you. I'll even autograph 'em for ya'. If you give more than $20.00...you get all three of my silly little books.  Such a deal!  You get to say you were in on the ground floor of what is going to be an amazing independent film and you get some free reading as well. You can't beat that, not even with a rock star drummer's drumstick!   So, give already.  It will be greatly appreciated.  The smile on Art's face will be well worth it! :-D 

***

This is the odd time of year, don't you think? We're not quite through winter, yet there are days when we can see the end of the snow blanket and the beginning of warm, Spring days on the horizon. The sunshine we had last week with a fresh snowfall has disappeared and the overcast gray looms. College bowl games are over, the super bowl isn't quite here.  I'm not a big fan of basketball, although I do support the Zags whenever I have time. I find myself staring out the window and daydreaming.  It's difficult to stay on task.  There are so many things to be done that must wait for warmer weather, not to mention it's just plain hard to get in a productive mood when the days are gray.  I'll go get a cup of something yummy and hot from the Keurig and see if that helps inspiration :-D

***
 
From the 'they just don't make things like they used to' department...the seven year old cordless keyboard died a sudden death.  Took her last breath, and just gave up.  Thing is, I was right in the middle of something brilliant when it happened!  Are you a believer in all things happen for a reason?  The timing of that old gal giving up when I was feverishly typing the next breakthrough novel, seemed cruel.  I lost momentum.  Had to stop everything and get the old corded (gasp! how primitive) keyboard and by the time I moved everything on the desk and got the old work horse hooked up, the moment had passed.  I don't think I typed another single thing yesterday except a few short e-mails.  Didn't work on any novels.

Speaking of novels, "Bright Lights, Money & Show Biz, Honey" and "Random Encounters" continue to do well at Amazon.  I'm humbled by how many of you have been reading my stories.  It helps me feel like it was all worthwhile, the years of working on them and trying to perfect them.  Although, if you read the rejections I continue to get from editors, agents and publishers, I should continue perfecting.  Sometimes I think you just can't please others, so I will please myself and not worry about the critiques.  Click on the book covers to the right over there and that will get you to the download for Kindle or my website to get a paperback. Autographed. "LifeLoveLust" included, as always.

***

What's your story today? Are you working on the next break through novel? You should. Get motivated.  Get writing.  Get the stories out of your head and onto the paper, or screen as it were.  Then print them on paper.  You'll get a sense of satisfaction and it'll help you get through the gray cloudy days of the end of winter.  Unless you're living in the tropics or something, then...never mind. Just go surfing.

Hug everybody you see today!  You'll get a cheap thrill out of the shock from strangers!

Pensively yours,

~ K







No comments:

Post a Comment