W-E-L-C-O-M-E to my little corner of the planet. Take a seat, get comfy. You're among friends, so please feel free to comment. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy my ramblings. Be sure to scroll all the way down to get the daily puppy ~ they're so cute!



Sunday, February 26, 2012

"You have the power to re-write your destiny"

Really?  Do you believe that? Or, do you believe that everything is as it should be and we don't control our future?  I'm a little bit of both.  I think in order to be content (which I've always had a problem being) we must accept that everything is in place as it should be.  Yet, we can't just sit here, do nothing and not make an effort to grab some gusto for our future.  We have to put ourselves out there, make things happen, cause a ruckus...whatever it takes to get noticed and promoted in this wacky world. 

Me...I waited til the kids were grown.  I kept little corners of napkins with poetry lines on them and notes of plot lines for stories I would later write.  And, I did write them.  I just needed to de-clutter my brain from all the mom stuff that I had going on in my 20's and 30's.  Having children as young as I did blessed me in such a way in that they were grown and I was a grandmother by the time I was 40, and being able to write while I was still young enough to remember it all was a plus!   So, here I was approaching my 50's and decided it was time to take that big plunge and get those stories published.  I lurked for a long time in the writing world.  I read other author's blogs.  I followed up every lead and referral I could find for editors, agents, publishing houses.  I persistently queried (and still do) seeking representation. The big change that took place during all of my lurking and waiting for just the right moment to launch myself, was the digital book era.  When I began my fact finding mission, paper books were still the main form of selling fiction and non-fiction so I had to shift my game plan.  The starting pitcher, paperback books, was taken out early...about mid-way through the fifth inning, then rookie e-book reliever came in to finish the game.  Rookie e-book won, by the way.  It was far simpler and much faster to self-publish with Amazon than keep searching for someone in the business to help me further me from being a writer to an author.  I've not regretted it.  The stuffy world of traditional publishing just isn't for someone like me. I write fluff.  I'm controlling.  I don't take criticism or suggestions easily. I'm pretty stubborn about it all, which doesn't differ from the rest of my life much.  I'm what most would term 'hell-bent'.  I want what I want whether it's good for me, or not.  Sometimes, a higher power intervenes to slap my hands and as with a toddler trying to eat the paper wrapping of the cupcake, shouts a scolding "NO!"...you can't have it your way.  Then, I try to find a back door to have things my way.  I'm that obstinate! Or mentally disturbed, however you choose to look at it.  Either way, my completed stories "Random Encounters" and "Bright Lights, Money & Show Biz, Honey" are available electronically at Amazon.com.  If you'd prefer the paperback versions and covet poetry ramblings to maybe help get you through these cold winter nights we still have left, I always throw in "LifeLoveLust" as a bonus when you buy. 

***

It's a sign of more changes a-foot in Peacemakerville.  Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers has decided to revamp their website and one thing that won't be included in the new one, is a message board.  I'm sad about not having one central location to congregate electronically with other PM fans, but I understand how technology can weigh down the business process.  That part of the band's image, I feel, is very important to us fans.  We've used their message board to communicate with each other and get important information about the band since its inception.  It will be odd to not have a message board to go to in order to get questions answered, get a review of a show to fuel our passion for the music when our area has been lacking a show lately, or plan our road trips to see the band. It's always been a fun place to get together with other people who understand the power of the music.  They officially gave a last online date of 2/23, but it's still there today and past experience with them re-vamping the website says it could be as long as a week before this one officially dies and we can longer access it.  Meantime, a shout to all my RCPM friends across the world..."Life is grand, love is real, and beauty is everywhere!" ~ RC 

***

What's happening in your world today? Shoot me line here and let me know.  I love hearing from ya'll, or if you prefer to e-mail that's fine too.  I stay in touch with many of you in that way. I'm trying to recover from the croup, yes...again! That's one reason for being short winded today.  I'm going to get me something hot from the Keurig and take it easy the rest of the day.  Hope ya'll have a glorious day! Baseball will be here soon, spring will be right along with it and we'll start to see the yellow jonquils and vibrant tulips peeking through the hard winter ground.  I can't wait!  "Here's To Life!" ~ RC

Nostalgically yours,


*Hugs* ~ K

No comments:

Post a Comment