W-E-L-C-O-M-E to my little corner of the planet. Take a seat, get comfy. You're among friends, so please feel free to comment. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy my ramblings. Be sure to scroll all the way down to get the daily puppy ~ they're so cute!



Sunday, October 2, 2011

NEW BEGINNINGS…

Life really is a big circle. From the new hope-filled awakening to the time to rest the weary soul, the cycle is full of changes.  Times to reach out and times to hold back, “a time to ev’ry purpose”. Lately I have been reminded of how fleeting and precious our own happiness can be, and how important it is to protect it by taking an active role in our own futures.  Take relationships, for instance.  Sure, a lot of stuff that happens to us is definitely not under our control - how else do you account for selfish relatives, flaky friends, or unpredictable (me!) lovers?   But uncertainty is about the only constant in life, and you gotta deal with it.  

One way is to keep trying, reinforcing what we want, even in little ways.   Yesterday, I went to a local holistic festival and bought a couple little trinkets that supposedly symbolized some of the things I wanted in my life.  One little polished stone represented ‘New Beginnings’, and I bought it for my dear friend.  He smiled when I gave it to him, but said it made him think, too, about things.  Afterwards, we had a great afternoon together, better than for some time before.  Little things. They really do make a difference. 

It's that time of year we segue from the carefree warm summer days of flip-flops and tank tops, to flannel over shirts, long pants, and real shoes.  I hate real shoes.   The change of seasons had me thinking that it's a good time for new beginnings.  To put away old hurt feelings and replace them with positive vibrations.  Sometimes, one of the hardest things for us to do is give up old habits that we've lived by, even when we know those old habits are detrimental to us.  It's comfortable.  Like that dysfunctional family...every family is as far as I'm concerned, 'cause we all have our quirks, but the point is, it's still a family.  People close to us who have accepted us in whatever state we are in, whether it's to the good or bad.  We get comfortable with that and even though we know it's not serving us well, it's still hard to change a whole lifetime and move forward.  This will be my new challenge and I'm grateful for friends who are allowing me some much needed crazy time to make the changes in my life that I know I must. 

One thing that doesn't change...I write.  Day, night, from keyboard to screen, on paper, in my head, into the recorder for transcription later, anywhere...anytime.  I wake in the night thinking of story lines, or characters or how I should change a phrase, or add one...you get the picture.  Writing is ingrained in me; I couldn't stop doing it any more than I could stop breathing, to serve anyone. Which brings me to...all three of my finished books are available for purchase now.  I received and approved the final draft of "Bright Lights, Money & Show Biz, Honey".  Right now, the paperback is only available at Amazon.com.  I will have other outlets to purchase it in the near future.  I previously was not going to release an e-reader version of it because I knew how much time goes into preparation of the e-reader formats and wasn't prepared for all that work, but Smashwords.com is the one site that makes it very easy.  I just get the manuscript e-reader ready, and their handy-dandy online converter does the rest of the work.  It's a beautiful thing!  So for now, the e-reader version is only available at Smashwords.com.  Or, you can still buy any at my website www.lifelovelust.webs.com.  If you buy either "Random Encounters" or "Bright Lights" I'll throw in a copy of my poetry anthology.  It's a little bit of the zany in me and is very close to my heart.  My new website, life-love-lust.com is currently under construction and I hope to have it finished by next week's blog.  Such aspirations!  I'll keep you updated on that as when I switch over, the store to purchase books will change to there. 

Hug somebody today! I haven't yet...and dammit! I miss it very much. 

Commencingly yours,

~ K

p.s.  Thank you, Gordy.  For allowing me to be me, and allowing my loonyness into your life.  *heart*

No comments:

Post a Comment