W-E-L-C-O-M-E to my little corner of the planet. Take a seat, get comfy. You're among friends, so please feel free to comment. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy my ramblings. Be sure to scroll all the way down to get the daily puppy ~ they're so cute!



Monday, October 24, 2011

Vacancy

Does your life ever feel like a Seinfeld episode? You know, the official "Show About Nothing" that was so popular in the '90's.  Neurosis ran rampant among four friends in New York with daily antics that were seldom normal by any standards.  Some of my days seem like a "Seinfeld" episode.  A whole lot of neurosis that ends up being about nothing.  By the time the clouds start clearing and cobwebs are batted away, and I get a handle on what's going on around me, and it's not that I'm hung-over so I can't even use that as an excuse, I'm left staring into space wondering what the hell it was all about!  Right now, I'm working on making the longest sentences about nothing that I conjure up in the annals of my job fatigued imagination that more often than not works overtime anyway, but on a day like today it's compounded and nothing is making sense.  Day jobs suck the life right out of me to the point that words are coming fast and furious but they are not melding together in sync to create something more than just words strung together, just like this probably doesn’t make any sense to you, either.  I wonder how "Seinfeld" made it work for so long. Talking about nothing is difficult!

******


What's your tagline? You know...the superlative to your name that people call you by.  Like, Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, or "Hollywood" Joe Namath, or even the shortened version of a couple can become their tagline.  Just about everybody breathing knows who "Brangelina" is referring to.  It's a title with your name that is unique enough to you that people immediately associate it with your name.  Apparently, it helps keep one's name more prominent in the public arena and ensures you won't be forgotten. However, here's the tricky part: we are not to give ourselves our own tagline.  We are to depend on media or our peer groups to do that in whatever atmosphere we've attained enough recognition among to be awarded a tagline.  I don't have one, and I don't want one.  I shudder to think of what other people would insert in that tagline spot if it were up to someone else to add that moniker to my identity.  If Kathleen is too formal for some folks to address me, "Just K" will do fine. 

******
I found an awesome Facebook friend named Gene Burnett, who I have threatened repeatedly to stalk, jokingly of course.  Check out his blog . He's quite succinct at summing up how I feel about success and self promotion.  If success happens...cool.  If it doesn't...cool.  I do what I do from my heart and that itself is a great reward. 


More self-promotion.  I'm thrilled to be featured at  Highlighted Author . Check out all of the authors featured there and see if there's a book that gets your attention.

******

Today's tidbits: 

Bazooms, ta-ta's, boobies, breasts, hooters, tits or titties, headlights, I personally refer to them simply as "the twins"...whatever nickname you have for that part of anatomy that suckles babies and sometimes older folks alike *snicker*...it is breast cancer awareness month.  Breast cancer has touched almost everyone's family and/or loved ones, sadly.  Please encourage every woman and man to do self exams monthly and if women have not had a baseline mammogram, for goodness sake get one! Breast cancer knows no discrimination or age group.  We care about our twins!  If you need help with personal inspection, I know a few men who are willing to sacrifice some time to help you girls with that *wink*

And, from the never too old to be sexy department: I can't believe Jeff Goldblum *flutter* is 59 (happy birthday Oct. 22nd, Jeff!). What a hunky-hunk! *heart*

Completely useless information you probably didn't need to know: Most toilets flush in e-flat.  I knew that sound was familiar from somewhere, probably heard it in a song or two.

"Random Encounters" and "Bright Lights, Money & Show Biz, Honey" are available at my website as always, and order one or both you get "LifeLoveLust" for free! Such a deal.

Hug somebody today! I did and now I'm all warm and fuzzy all over once again. 

Vacantly yours,

~ K

No comments:

Post a Comment